These website pages and all material information contained herein or transmitted to or from same, are provided as a courtesy to user(s) of this website. Focus Treatment Solutions, the owner of this website shall not be liable to any other person or entity for any damages of any kind for any reason pursuant to any legal theory, incurred by the user as a result of its/her/his use or reliance on the information contained herein. Every effort has been made by Focus Treatment Solutions to ensure the privacy of personal information transmitted to or from this website pursuant to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). Reasonable precautions and safeguards are taken to protect the privacy of this information during transmission. However, Focus Treatment Solutions is not responsible for the privacy of this information during transmission. The recommendations and analyses on this website are intended simply to provide assistance and guidance. They may not be relied upon as authority for compliance with legal requirements, nor as a source of legal advice.
We understand that most of our U.S. customers such as medical practices and their physicians are “Covered Entities” under HIPAA privacy regulations. As HIPAA Covered Entities, our customers are legally obligated to maintain the privacy of all individually identifiable patient information that they create or receive. While Focus Treatment Solutions is not a HIPAA Covered Entity, we recognize the impact that the HIPAA privacy regulations have on our customers. We therefore remain committed to interacting with users and customers in a responsible manner, and to maintaining the privacy of individually identifiable patient information that we assist in transmitting as part of offering website materials, consistent with applicable law and regulations in the protection and privacy of individually identifiable patient information.
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 1, 2016
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Focus Treatment Solutions understands that your medical and health information is personal. Protecting your health information is important. We follow strict federal and state laws that require us to maintain the confidentiality of any health information obtained whether intentionally or accidentally.
OUR PRIVACY RESPONSIBILITIES
Whether or not required by applicable law, Focus Treatment Solutions and its associates are dedicated to:
* Maintain the privacy of all personal health information;
* Provide this notice that describes the ways we and our associates may use and share your health information; and
* Follow the terms of the notice currently in effect.
We reserve the right to make changes to this notice at any time and make the new privacy practices effective for all information we maintain. Current notices will be posted on this website.
SHARING PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION
There are limited situations when we will be permitted or required to disclose health information without personal signed authorization.
These situations are:
• For public health purposes such as reporting communicable diseases, work-related illnesses, or other diseases and injuries
permitted by law; reporting births and deaths; and reporting reactions to drugs and problems with medical devices;
• To protect victims of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence;
• For health oversight activities such as investigations, audits, and inspections;
• For lawsuits and similar proceedings;
• When otherwise required by law;
• When requested by law enforcement as required by law or court order;
• To coroners, medical examiners, and funeral directors;
• For organ and tissue donation;
• For research approved by our review process under strict federal guidelines;
• To reduce or prevent a serious threat to public health and safety;
• For workers’ compensation or other similar programs if someone is injured at work; and
• For specialized government functions such as intelligence and national security.
All other uses and disclosures, not described in this notice, require personalr signed authorization. Anyone authorizing the use of
personal health information may revoke saidr authorization at any time with a written statement. However, Focus Treatment Solutions or any provider of equipment or care may not be able to reverse the use or disclosure of personal health information while a lawful authorization was/is in effect.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
• Request restrictions on how we use and share your health information. We will consider all requests for restrictions
carefully but are not required to agree to any restriction;
• Request that we use a specific telephone number or address to communicate with you;
• Request to inspect and copy your health information. Fees may apply. Under limited circumstances, we may deny you
access to a portion of your health information and you may request a review of the denial;
• Request corrections or additions to your health information.; and
• Request a paper copy of this notice even if you agree to receive it electronically.
• Requests must be made in writing. Contact Focus Treatment Solutions for the appropriate form for your request.
If you would like further information about your privacy rights, are concerned that your privacy rights have been violated, or disagree with a decision that we made about access to your health information, contact:
Focus Treatment Solutions
10 Putters Way
Middletown, NY 10940 USA
Phone (toll free): (888) 229-2920
Fax: (866) 728-2179
We will investigate all complaints and will not penalize or treat you any differently for filing a complaint. You may also file a written complaint with the Office of Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
PRIVACY PRACTICES ON THIS WEBSITE
System Security – Focus Treatment Solutions has taken reasonable steps and has employed industry-standard practices and technology to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information; but because even the most secure computer system can be violated, Focus Treatment Solutions cannot guarantee security.
HIPAA Requirements – Protected health information associated with this website and its customers is managed in accordance
with HIPAA regulations. Accordingly, protected health information is not shared except as explained in the Notice of Privacy Practices above.